Friday, January 22, 2010

It's time for...Forget me not Friday's

What is forget me not Friday's you might ask. Every Friday I will compile a list of all the things that I forgot to do that week. Then I can stop stressing about it, and send it off into the universe to become positive energy. Maybe I will get these things done next week and maybe I won't, but now is the time to stop beating myself up about all the things I didn't do. So for this week.

I forgot...
1. To do my hair about 5 out of the 7 days this week. I keep thinking "what's the point?" All I'm doing is changing diapers, feeding babies and kids, cleaning, doing laundry, and driving the stinkers all over town to get to school and back. The only one I feel sorry for is my husband who hardly ever comes home to a trophy wife anymore.
2. To say my morning prayers most of the days. This one I actually do care about. Doesn't your day just go so much better when you start with prayer. Thankfully my Heavenly Father took pity on me and helped me through the week anyway. He must really love me, even though I am always struggling to get everything done.
3. To kiss my husband when he got home from work. Most days go something like this. My hot hubby walks in the door, expecting shrieks of joy and hugs all around. Instead he hears, "Get the baby and take her up to her bed, she keeps fussing and I can't get dinner done." And that's on a good day, a bad day would be more like walking in to see me laying on the couch holding the baby, while the kids run crazily through the house, and no dinner in sight. Then he would hear "We are going out to eat, I've had a bad day, and I don't feel like cooking. Get the kids and put them in the car."
4. To call Heather back. I love love love Heather. She is my sister in law, but for some reason I always forget to call her back. She always call's at the worst times when I can't answer the phone, and then by the time I could talk I have forgotten to call her back. She always thinks I am mad at her, which is never true, I am just a horrible, forgetful, crazy sister. So Heather, call me at 11:45. This is when I am in the car taking the kids to school and it is really the only free time I have to talk on the phone.
5. To hang up the laundry. If you come to my house you will always find laundry, laid out nice so it doesn't get wrinkled, but never hung up. There is a nice pile in most of our bedrooms where the laundry sits until Saturday, then I make the whole family help hang it all up. I feel so good for one day that I have all the laundry done at last. Then the whole things starts over on Monday, and no matter how hard I try I can never seem to get it all put away before Saturday.
6. To do my core exercises, this is always the one I forget. I get my legs and arms and bum done, but always forget the core. Funny, this is my fattest body part, I wonder why?

Now you know what a real slacker I am. I don't blame you if you want to write me off completely for being such a slob! But there are a couple things I didn't forget to do I think these are a little more important.

I didn't forget...

1. To kiss my baby and tell my kids I love them everyday.
2. To take a shower.
3. Be there for my best friend.
4. To call my mommy!
5. To tell my Hubby how important he is to me and how much I adore him.
6. To watch The Mentalist, best show ever!
7. To thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderment that is my life!

So maybe, just maybe, I'm not as bad as I thought. Maybe if my kids and husband know that I love them, and I'm doing my best. Maybe then I won't be thrust down to hell just yet.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard rumors that the very first comment on a blog will determine its level of success. So, let me pour all of my "positive energy" into this comment and tell you, Honey, I love you with all my heart (and body, too ;) No matter how many things you forget, I will always remember how much I adore you. With all the love I possess,
    your "hot hubby".

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea Ambs- you are so good at bringing humor into the crazy things of life (when I am home crying ;) can't wait to hear your inspirations!

    good job for what you did do. I've been playing with the kids more lately and I love it--however Dave is wondering what happened to the OCD wife who wants a clean house--I feel good about the time I'm giving to them instead:)

    ReplyDelete